Is there a demand for Salesforce developers?

Hello! This is my first post. I found myself on the tokyodev.com site while researching job opportunities in Japan. I develop predominantly on the Salesforce.com platform and I was wondering if there is a market for it in Japan? I appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Thank you!

Hmm, posted this two years ago and no feedback. Do Japanese companies use Salesforce? I know Salesforce has offices located in Japan, but I am wondering if companies are hiring Salesforce administrators or salesforce developers? Thanks!

I asked about this on Twitter. One of the people who replied was an international developer who used Salesforce in Japan. He said,

Japan is the #2 market for Salesforce devs, there is plenty of demand (and frankly, a low-quality labour pool). Plenty of outsourcing companies would hire an English speaking dev.

I personally haven’t seen these positions, so I guess such companies aren’t using the channels I’m familiar with. One thing you could try is to search for developers who are using Salesforce in Japan via something like LinkedIn. You could then contact them directly, and ask for advice about getting a job here, or look if their company is listing open positions on their website.

1 Like