iOS dev opportunities in Japan

Hello everyone,

I am an iOS developer working in India right now.

My husband has already moved to Tokyo, Japan for next few years and I also have to shift there soon. I have a dependant visa and I am now looking for various opportunities in the field of iOS development in Japan.

I am ready to work in a freelancing group or on contract basis or part time/full time job will work.

Also, I am learning Japanese now.

Can someone guide me on where can I get it’s detailed information? How should I proceed for this? What are the different opportunities in Japan for foreigners in iOS dev field?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

iOS developers are in demand, but part time job is not easy to find.

For job opportunities and events, Tokyo iOS Meetup (Tokyo, Japan) | Meetup is a very active monthly iOS meetup. Many people are hiring and if you approach them after the meetup I believe they’re happy to connect.

To work full time you have to get a working visa (Engineer). Dependant visa only allows you to work no more than 28 hours per week, mostly for labor part-time jobs. To obtain an engineer visa, you need to have a Computer Science related BS degree or 10 years of related experience.

1 Like

My current (soon to be past) company has been looking for iOS developers for the past two years. mid range salary (4-6M) with some experience to have at least published an app to the store.

None. Zero ! iOS developers are in real high demand.