Any real experience getting a visa after passing the "Japan Information Technology Engineers Examination"

I’m planning to get a job in japan in the coming years, I tested the waters and there is need for my profile but I don’t have a University degree, I read on the articles about the Japan IT Engineers Examination but before I get into it I would like to know if anyone went through that path before.

Side projects (e.g. published web application) are much more convincing that certifications/examinations in finding a job.

Certifications/examinations are useful when it comes to visa-related applications, etc.

@webdriver Do you mean the examination which is a necessary part of the new “Specified skilled worker”-visa?

Are you talking about About ITPEC | ITPEC.org ?
This exam helps requesting a working visa without a bachelors or 10 years of experience.

1 Like

I’ve written an article on obtaining a visa as a software developer in Japan. This article includes all the routes I’m aware of for people without a university degree, such as passing an approved exam, which I’m assuming this post is in reference to. It includes a link to a youtube video by someone who has passed the PhilNITS Fundamental Information Technology Engineers Examination, one of the approved exams. If there’s anything I can do to improve the article, please let me know!

2 Likes

Thanks @pwim, I was looking for the video you sent, the real experience.

I have more than 10 years of experience, and I wanted to know if the exam will help me little more :smiley:

Thanks also to everyone who answer