Wider Kanto area jobs/meetups

Hello,

New to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be moving back to Japan from the UK in mid June. I’ll continue working remotely with my job in the UK initially (.net, react/redux, SQL server) but may end up in a situation where I’d be looking for work locally, one way or another.

I’ll be living quite far south in Yokohama and was wondering if you good people knew of any resources similar to this that applied to the wider Kanto area. I’d definitely be applying for jobs listed on this site but where would be a good place for me to start looking for jobs perhaps around Yokohama or even Shonan?

Also; where might I look for information on tech meetups?

Thanks in advance

Jed

Almost all tech companies that are specifically hiring international developers are based out of Tokyo. So to get a job at a company elsewhere, you’ll likely need to be fluent at Japanese. To look for those opportunities, I’d look at Japanese job sites. Wantedly for instance is one popular one among the Japanese tech scene.

However, at least among the companies represented on tokyodev, most companies are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, with almost all of them intending to support at least partial remote work after the pandemic. This would make the physical location of the office less a concern for me, unless you’re the sort of person who wants to work from an office daily.

As for events, I’m listing some here, but with COVID-19 virtually everything has gone on hiatus.

1 Like

Aah cool - good to know :slight_smile: I’ll have a look on Wantedly once I’m settled,
Cheers