React.js / No SQL - Tokyo Trainings?

Hi! I would want to crowdsource as I don’t know where to start .

Lately, most of the job searches and some of the interviews I had has one in common and its asking for React.js and No Sql idea or experience.

Can you guy suggest a place to start here in japan to learn ?

1 Like

A good starting point to learn React is https://reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html

NoSQL just means an alternative database that doesn’t use SQL. MongoDB is a popular choice: https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial

Official docs are always the best place to learn about something.

Thank you so much! I would, have to give this an ample time.

In my recent interviews, i was asked about react.js experience and thoughts about it. sadly, I have none, thus I didn’t get the job.

I would have also try and find a way to gain experience in using this technologies.

If you have any sugggestion it is well appreciated!

I’d be careful in assuming that’s the sole reason you didn’t get the job. If React experience was essential to the job, it seems strange to me that you’d get as far as the interview to find that out. Normally, they would have rejected your application when they saw it didn’t include React.

Generally when interviewing, try to demonstrate what knowledge and experience you do have. For instance, I don’t personally have any React experience, but if I was asked about my React experience during an interview, I’d answer something like:

Actually, React.js is one of the only major SPA frameworks I haven’t tried yet.

I have used Angular, Ember, and Vue. This is what I liked and didn’t about each of them: [examples].

When I first heard about React, [examples] seemed interesting, but I personally was wary of using it because of [example]. However, a lot of developers I respect are on the React bandwagon, so I’d love the chance to hop on it.

Why did your team choose React over other frameworks?

An answer like this does a couple of things:

1. It establishes that I know what React is (and I think any web developer who has some experience should be at least aware of it)
  2. It demonstrates I have experience in related technologies
  3. It shows I’m not too fixated on only using certain techologies
  4. It turns the interview into a conversation of peers, rather than a series of one way questions

While there may be some value in going through a React tutorial so you understand the basics of it, the more important part from an interviewing perspective is your ability to demonstrate your understanding of it. If your colleagues at work aren’t enthusiastic about talking about new technologies, I’d suggest attending developer events so that you can have conversations with people who are.

2 Likes

@pwim Thank you so much for replying! I will take into account your advise.

If your colleagues at work aren’t enthusiastic about talking about new technologies, I’d suggest attending developer events so that you can have conversations with people who are.

This is my main problem at the moment. I am involved with vehicle programming which is out of my 6 years experience in web application, thus, I try to find resource to keep track and hopefully gain knowledge about technologies

Also, about the interview on react, I am also shocked as to why they asked me, cnosidering that inside the job description and role, javasript, jquery and typesscripts are the required skill. it happened to me twice, so i thought maybe the companies are now moving forward to react, and maybe my aswer isn’t as great as what you have catered above.

I will again try and apply to companies in line with my skill while I learn react.js atleast have the basics and idea of it.