I know my post probably seems redundant in this forum, I’m a little embarrassed to ask but everything I read so far hasn’t been really helping (aka leading to me finding a job) and it’s been months now since I started looking for a job. I’ll try to be clear and short so -> points.
My state :
- Actually married and living in Japan (still on ‘holiday’ VISA, soon with a new one thanks to my wedding)
- Really dedicated programmer : I like well formatted, nicely optimized, understood code (not one of those copy / paste addict). Also having a deep understanding of architecture and computers (worked for embed OS) and hand making a lot (rarely using 3rd parties as it can be tricky to maintain/integrated sometimes, policy of my actual company)
- Speaking casually Japanese (daily conversation) : my family don’t talk English at all. Pretty much fluent in English (I guess all the programmers are). And I’m French so an other language that might help (never did though)
So I think I got some good points (I guess it is way harder for some other) but I still can’t find anything (not even remotely. I have tried every single website usually spoken about. I sent some résumé but never had any answer, I even had a friend’s friend that work as a recruiter (so a nice contact, even if we don’t really know each other just sending couple of mails) but still no answer so far…
So I guess I do several things wrong, my position surely has some drawbacks :
- I’m not technically an engineer
- I’m not in Tokyo (Hiroshima so it’s a bit far and expensive to go to Tokyo)
- I’m very bad at finding jobs (struggling in France too before getting one randomly through contacts)
Side note : I don’t know abroad but in France for instance, you never receive any answer too. The only time I was answered in my mail, I got interviewed then accepted. I guess the hardest part is at least going on interview?
Give me your feedbacks about my points and any story about how you have been employed would be nice too.